Hello Friends! Welcome to Pet Pointers, the first quarterly newsletter from Doggy Deuce Removal Service, and it’s subsidiary, Pet’s Best Friend N.J. In this issue, you will find tips on keeping your dog cool in the summer months, a local dog park, and an upcoming event we hope you’ll participate in. Enjoy the newsletter, and know that we welcome your comments, tips, photos, or suggestions for consideration in future editions. Please send them to PetPointers@rakergoldstein.com.
Help Your Pup Beat the Heat
With the dog days of summer upon us, dog owners must be vigilant about helping their four-legged friends beat the heat. Following are tips to keep your pooch cool this summer.
- Never leave a dog in a parked car, even with the windows partially open. Within minutes on a 90 degree day, the interior of a vehicle can reach 160 degrees.
- Trim heavy-coated dogs’ fur shorter in the summer months to prevent overheating. Be sure to monitor for sunburn and administer pet-friendly sunscreen when recommended by your vet.
- Avoid strenuous exercise during the midday hours when temperatures are at their highest. Plan jogs and hikes for either early morning hours or evening.
- Walk along shady, grassy routes; excess exposure to hot pavement can burn dogs’ paws.
- Make sure to provide plenty of shade and water while dogs are outdoors.
Best of the Area’s Dog Parks
Wooddale County Park. Prospect Avenue, Woodcliff Lake, NJ is one of only five official Bergen County off-leash dog runs. Wooddale’s amenities include waste-removal bags, water fill stations, trash cans, benches, and ample room for dogs to play and socialize off-leash. This fenced in dog run is a popular spot for Bergen County residents and dogs of all sizes and activity levels. Tip: Stay close to your dog to monitor interaction with other dogs and limit activity on hot days.
Signup for Doggy Deuce and Pet’s Best Friend NJ Today